Happy Frenchie Friday everyone! ...and Happy Birthday to Meeeee! "Stella" thinks I brought her something, but it's a little treat for me...
Today I am 43 years young and all week I've been feeling so grateful...
Grateful for all the wonderful things in my life. Grateful for my health. Grateful for my husband. Grateful for my stepsons. Grateful that I am happy. This week I've been thinking about 10 Things I Would Tell My Younger Self, if I had the chance.
I've felt a sense of calm in my 40's that I didn't feel in my 20's or 30's. I've heard other women say the same thing. Some have excellent guidance from elders...but I didn't have that. I used to be angry that my parents didn't give me much guidance, encouragement, or even attention as a child, but I'm not angry anymore. One day I just decided that it doesn't serve me to carry that anger around.
I've learned a lot about myself in my 40's. Would I go back to being a younger age right now if I could? No, I wouldn't. I'm happy right here. Are there things I wish I would have known when I was younger though?... Sure.
10 Things I Would Tell My Younger Self
- How to set Goals....and set them high. I put this at #1 because it's that important. When I learned about setting goals, my life changed. Everyone should be setting goals, at every age.
- Don't worry about what other people think of you. I spent a lot of wasted time worrying about this as I didn't have a lot of confidence when I was younger. Now I know that most people don't care as much as you think they do. Most people are worried about themselves.
- Know what you want and don't settle for less. Many women don't know what they want. The best way to figure out what you want... is to figure out what you don't want.
- Save at least 10% of all money you make...always. Don't touch it unless it's for an investment that will create passive income.
- Happiness is a choice. It doesn't happen to you. It doesn't come from outside...it comes from inside. Don't complain. Look for the good in everything, be grateful and focus on the positive. If you're unhappy, make a change.
- Don't worry about anything you cannot control. It's a waste of time.
- Let it go. Don't let something that happened yesterday affect today. It's never as big a deal as it feels at the time.
- Be yourself... not anyone else. Know yourself. Lead by example and follow by choice.
- The best time to do something you want to do...is right now. Enjoy each moment, be present. It's never too late.
- What you think about you bring about. How to be aware of your emotional guidance system and how the Law of Attraction can help you create the life of your dreams.
What would you tell your younger self if you had the chance? Life is such a ride, a journey... I'm so grateful to have learned what I have along the way. I look forward to all that I have yet to learn. What I know for sure is I want to spend my life doing good things, enjoying life to the fullest, and not having regrets.
Bring on 43!! :) You're as young as you feel. Be proud of your age. The number doesn't define you.