Happy Frenchie Friday everyone!
"Stella" received her BarkBox on the doorstep yesterday, but I didn't show her because it's getting wrapped and put under the tree!! Christmas always sneaks up quicker and quicker every year it seems! I'm baking and cooking today as we are having our staff over this evening for a white elephant gift exchange!
I'm doing appetizers and cocktails...keeping it mostly Paleo and simple! I made the pie, fudge and roasted nuts yesterday to make today easier;)
- Meatballs in the crockpot...so easy and always a hit! (I've always used the grape jelly/chili sauce recipe...can't be beat!)
- Bacon-wrapped Jalapeno Poppers (my husband requested these...he loves them)
- Baked Brie with Pepper Jelly inside, served with salami and almond rice crackers
- Homemade Pumpkin Chiffon Pie with Coconut Whipped Cream (if this turns out good...I'll do a recipe blog post because it looks goooooooood!)
- Fudge (with extra in tins to send home with everyone)
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies with red sugar
- Maple-Spiced Nuts...Pecans and Almonds
For our white elephant gift we got books this year! I think everyone should read more, so we thought if someone's not a reader now...maybe this will inspire them to read! Books are always a good gift;)
Enjoy your holiday parties, and remember if you're throwing one....plan ahead, keep it simple so you can enjoy yourself! :)