This Banana Bread is absolutely delicious. It has NO white sugar, NO white flour, and is husband and kid approved!
Makes 1 loaf
Paleo Banana Bread
Recipe Type : Bread
Author: Happy WifeStyle
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Serves: 1 loaf
This Paleo-friendly Banana Bread is so delicious!
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted, plus more for greasing the pan
- 4 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 large ripe bananas (make sure they have brown spots for the most sweetness)
- optional add-ins: 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips, walnuts, dried cranberries, or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease sides and bottom of an 8 1/2-by-4 1/2 inch loaf pan, then place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom.
- Place the 2 Tbsp coconut oil, eggs, honey, vanilla, and vinegar in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on high for 30 seconds.
- Combine the coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt in a bowl, then add them to the wet ingredients, beating on high until combined.
- Place the coconut milk and bananas in a separate bowl and mash until the mixture resembles baby food.
- Add the banana mixture to the batter and beat on medium until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in the optional add-ins, if desired.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-45 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 15 mins. Remove loaf and cool completely on a wire rack.
Note: I always keep whole ripe frozen bananas that have gone black in my freezer! That way, anytime I want to make this bread, I just pull out 3 frozen bananas and thaw them on the counter (they thaw quick). I snip off one end of the peel and the banana slips right out!
-This Banana Bread is from the cookbook "Against All Grain" by Danielle Walker.