I came across this list of 30 Reasons to Whole30 in Well Fed Paleo Recipes and I wanted to share it with those of you who aren't familiar with the Whole30 Program. These are in no particular order and of course, not everyone's experiences are the same. These are the most common things you will encounter on the Whole30...
- You'll sleep longer and more soundly.
- You'll enjoy consistent energy.
- You'll wake up feeling optimistic and alert.
- You'll say goodbye to digestive distress.
- YOU'LL BE HAPPIER. :)
- You'll be more peaceful.
- You'll be more clear-headed.
- You'll drink more water.
- You'll eat more vegetables.
- You'll feel the difference between emotional appetite and real hunger.
- You'll savor your food more.
- You'll find new favorite foods.
- You'll have fun experimenting in the kitchen.
- You'll become more organized.
- You'll know true "willpower".
- You'll learn about yourself.
- You'll slay the sugar demon.
- You'll make new friends.
- You'll positively influence others.
- You'll learn more about how your body works.
- Your skin will be brighter.
- Your hair will be shinier.
- Your tummy will be flatter.
- Your workouts will feel invigorating.
- You might get a personal record (sleep + water + veggies + fat + protein + no sugar = a physically stronger, faster you).
- You'll feel accomplished (or maybe even smug).
- You might lose weight or gain muscle, or both.
- Food will become both more important and less important.
- Your body image will improve.
- You'll stop dieting and just eat.
-Here is a link to Melissa Joulwan's original post 30 Reasons to Whole30
Want to learn more about my Whole30 Challenge? You could change your life in just 30 days! I'm on Day 14 and I woke up SO happy and energized today because I slept like a baby last night. I didn't wake up once. Sometimes you don't realize you haven't been sleeping well...until you do. Removing foods that cause inflammation in the body has felt amazing... I'm enjoying seeing the return of my cheekbones too;) I'm honestly starting to encounter most of the things on this list and I'm not even halfway through. I think everyone should give the Whole30 a try to start healing their body from the inside, with nutrition. Are you ready to find out just how great your body was designed to feel?
Feel free to ask me any questions you may have! I'm here to be your support system, motivate you and give you tough love if you need it...because there's no room for slips, cheats or excuses on the Whole30! If I can do it...you can do it.
For an incredibly moving story about how the Whole30 has changed one small boy's life....read my blog post on Caleb's Story here.